Despite of being one of the oldest districts in Hong Kong, Kowloon City has been moving slowly to its inevitable destiny of urbanisation. An irreversible change is happening rapidly with the opening of Shatin to Central Link and urban renewal. It’s so common and yet so memorable. The stories and passions between the old district bring a lot of collective memories to people.
The Kowloon City Themed Walking Trail (KCTWT) organised the 2nd photography competition, not only aim to arouse the public awareness to explore the community, but also to record every single changes of the city through collective visuals and written art pieces, to leave everyone a remarkable memory of how Kowloon City was, and will be.
Theme: Memorable Moment in Town
Application: Follow the links and instructions to complete the application form (https://bit.ly/2NQaRzc). Photos must be in digital format, print or film will not be accepted. Applicants will receive a confirmation email upon successful application.
Awards and Prizes:
- Champion (1 winner): Insta360 ONE X2 camera and a certificate
- 1st Runner-up (1 winner): Apple iPad 7 (32GB) and a certificate
- 2nd Runner-up(1 winner): Canon SELPHY CP1300 mobile printers and a certificate
- Merit (5 winners): Each will be awarded with $200 Supermarket voucher and a certificate
*5. The Facebook Popularity Award (1 winner): Fujifilm Instax SQUARE SQ20 instant camera and a certificate
*Entries shortlisted will be uploaded to KCTWT Facebook page for voting. The photo with the most number of “Like” will be awarded.
- Photo Name: within 12 words
- Photo Caption: within 50 words
- Photo Format: JPEG or JPG
- Photo Pixels: not exceed 10000 x 10000 pixels
- Photo Ratio: 4:3 or 16:9
- Photo Size: not exceed 10MB
- Shooting location: Kowloon City, To Kwa Wan, Hung Hom (Entry photo must be taken at these three places and the place should be marked)
Theme Relevance 30％ Photographic Techniques 30％ Visual & Aesthetic Sense 25% Creativity 15%
Announcement of results:
Results will be announced on our website and Facebook page on or before 17 September 2021. Winners will be notified individually by email or phone. Winners will be awarded in the Prize Presentation Ceremony (date and venue to be announced).
Terms and Conditions:
- Each participant can only submit one entry. Multiple or incomplete entries will be deemed to be invalid without further notice.
- Late submission, inaccurate or incomplete information will not be accepted.
- All entrants must participate as an individual.
- The submitted works cannot be updated, modified or replaced and will not be returned.
- An entry must be the original work of the entrant and the entry must not infringe the rights of any third parties, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, copyrights, rights of portrait, confidentiality and privacy. An entry must not contain obscene, violation to the rule of law, defamatory to others and society, or objectionable or inappropriate content. If there is any violation, Kowloon City Themed Walking Trail (“Organiser”) reserves the right to disqualify any entrants or winners.
- Entrants are responsible for all legal liabilities. Shall their entries violate any laws, the Organiser will not be held legally responsible.
- Entrants shall understand and agree to grant and assign all the intellectual property rights of the submitted entry to the Organiser exclusively. The Organiser has the right to display the entry content, title, synopsis and entrants’ information in any form of media for demonstration, publication, exhibition, promotion or any non-commercial activities. The Organiser also has the authority to edit, translate, adapt, use, copy and distribute, in whole or in part of the entries without prior consent or paying royalty to the entrants.
- All entrants must guarantee that their entries submitted have neither been openly shown, sold, disclosed, displayed, exhibited, publicised or broadcast in any other media platforms, nor have been involved in any commercial activities or submitted for other competitions.
- The submitted works shall not have name or mark that could serve as a direct means of identifying the participant. Otherwise, it would be disqualified for the competition.
- Basic touch-up adjustments such as edit the images, remove spots or adjust brightness and colour saturation of photographs are allowed, but computer generated images or composite photos, and watermarks on photographs are not accepted. The Organiser reserves the right to reject any photographs which suspect are being manipulated.
- All entrants should retain the original full resolution file of the entry as the Organiser may require the entrants to provide the original photos for validation.
- Decisions of the judging panel shall be final and binding on all parties concerned, and shall not be disputed or appealed.
- All prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or other products. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the prizes of the competition without prior notice.
- Winners are required to collect the prize in designated date and location. Winners may be asked to take photos, attend the prize presentation ceremony and any promotion activities in relation to the competition.
- All information provided must be genuine and accurate without any fraud on submission of personal data. If any of information provided is inaccurate or incomplete resulting in failure by the Organiser to contact the winner for redemption of the prize, the respective winner will be deemed disqualified and the prize is forfeited. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss and will not re-issue the prize to the winner.
- The personal data provided is for prize redemption and communication in regard to the competition only.
- All entrants should read and fully understand all terms and conditions prior joining the competition. By submitting an entry, the entrant confirmed that he/she agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Organiser reserves the right to interpret and amend the above terms and conditions without prior notice. For more information, please visit the Organiser’s facebook page and website at https://kowlooncitywalkingtrail.hk/.
- The Organiser’s decision regarding all aspects of the competition shall be final and binding on all parties concerned.